Schultz, Glidden, Benzene & Acute Myelogenous Leukemia: A case in the United States District Court, E.D. Wisconsin ruled on motions summary judgment.
The Schultz, Glidden, Benzene & Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (aml) case documents what many people may face today that may have worked in or around the petroleum industry, petrochemical industry, paint industry, auto industry (e.g., railroad, firefighter, auto mechanic, lab technician, painter etc.) and other areas and been exposed to Benzene (e.g. diesel exhaust fumes, diesel exhaust, solvents) – leukemia or other cancer.
A brief summary of the case includes:
- Allegedly the husband died of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) because he was exposed to products containing benzene while he worked as a painter in an automobile manufacturing plant.
- Worked for American Motors Corporation, subsequently known as Chrysler Corporation (collectively AMC/Chrysler), as a maintenance painter. Schultz worked as a maintenance painter for a total of six (6) years
- He worked as a painter at plants located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, Cleveland, Ohio, and Los Angeles,California.
- His duties included cleaning and painting equipment, painting floors, painting walls and ceilings, and painting pipes. In approximately 1989, Schultz retired due to disability not related to leukemia.
- On or about November 25, 2005, Schultz was diagnosed with leukemia. He passed away on September 23, 2006.
- The court ruled: Motions granted.
- To find out more on the case, see Case No. 08-C-919 – March 12, 2012.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.
If you have been diagnosed with a serious disease (e.g., leukemia, cancer, kidney cancer, multiple myeloma, non-hodgkins lymphoma etc.) from benzene exposure, and need a benzene lawyer to help you file a benzene exposure lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS