Benzene, Paint, Timpte, Dupont and Leukemia is a case about a painter/equipment calibrator that worked for Timpte Trailer (trailer manufacturer in Colorado) and alleged that his acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) was caused by his exposure to paint products that contained benzene made by DuPont.
Benzene, Paint, Timpte, Dupont and Leukemia: A case in the District Court of Dallas, Texas issued a muli-million dollar verdict in favor of the painter.
A brief summary of the case follows:
- An equipment calibrator and painter, was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS).
- He was subsequently diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
- Between 1973 and 1981 Hood had worked as a painter for Timpte Trailers, a Colorado company where Hood was exposed to the benzene due to inadequate respiratory safety measures taken by Timpte
- During that time E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co. was a manufacturer of paints and solvents containing benzene and sold them to Timpte
- The Court verdict: 8.2 million dollar verdict in favor of Painter
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.
If you have been diagnosed with a serious disease (e.g., leukemia, cancer, AML, kidney cancer, MDS, multiple myeloma, non-hodgkins lymphoma etc.) from benzene exposure, and need a benzene lawyer to help you file a benzene exposure lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS