Benzene, Gates Rubber & Peak is a case about a worker at Gates Rubber Co. in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, that worked at Gates Rubber Co. from August 1975 to December 2002.
A brief summary of the Benzene, Gates Rubber & Peak case follows:
- The worker alleged that while working for Gates he inhaled hazardous chemicals such as benzene, toluene, asbestos, hexane, acetone, powdered glass, powdered limestone carbon black, and others.
- Peak experienced a heart attack.
- He was subsequently diagnosed by Dr. Paul Gerard with congestive heart failure on November 13, 2011, and with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on November 18, 2011 by Dr. Krishan Challappa.
- The Court ruled that the Kentucky statutes of limitation had run and the case could not be brought.
- Peak was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in November 2011.
- The action was filed in January 2016, which was over four years from the date Peak was diagnosed and thus became aware of his diseases.
- For more on the Benzene, Gates Rubber & Peak case in the United States District Court, W.D. Kentucky, Louisville Division, please follow this Benzene & Gates Rubber.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.
If you have been diagnosed with a serious disease (e.g., leukemia, cancer, AML, kidney cancer, MDS, multiple myeloma, non-hodgkins lymphoma etc.) from benzene exposure, and need a benzene lawyer to help you file a benzene exposure lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS