Allensworth, Grand Isle Shipyard, Benzene & Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: A case in the Court of Appeals Louisiana, Fifth Circuit ruled on an appeal of a workers’ compensation claim.
The Allensworth, Grand Isle Shipyard, Benzene & Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma case documents what many people may face today that may have worked in or around the petroleum industry, petrochemical industry, paint industry, auto industry, shipyards, gas station, auto body shop (e.g., railroad, firefighter, auto mechanic, lab technician, painter, gas station attendant, cleaning storage tanks etc.) and other areas and been exposed to Benzene (e.g. diesel exhaust fumes, gasoline, diesel exhaust, solvents) – leukemia or other cancer.
A brief summary of the case includes:
- Plaintiff worked for GSS from 1998 to 2005 and for GIS from 2007 to 2012.
- His main job duty with both employers was cleaning storage tanks.
- The tanks ranged in size from 500 barrels to 15,000 barrels.
- Mr. Allensworth testified that the tanks he cleaned contained “gasoline, crude oil, diesel, [and] condensate.”
- This Plaintiff appeals a workers’ compensation court judgment that denied his claim that his non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma was caused by exposure to benzene while working for his former employers, and his claim that his non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma rendered him disabled.
- The court ruled: Judgment affirmed
- To find out more on the case, see Case No. 15-CA-257– October 28, 2015.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.
If you have been diagnosed with a serious disease (e.g., leukemia, cancer, kidney cancer, multiple myeloma, non-hodgkins lymphoma etc.) from benzene exposure, and need a benzene lawyer to help you file a benzene exposure lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS